2XU (pronounced “Two Times You”) was launched when former professional triathlete Jamie Hunt turned his passion for sport into an obsession with performance fabrics… built to chase finish lines!
Together with two business partners, Australian retail guru Clyde Davenport (founder and past owner of Davenport Industries) and marketing specialist Aidan Clarke, Hunt created 2XU in Melbourne, Australia in 2005.
Why are 2XU the leading compression brand in the world?
Starting out as a specialist run and triathlon brand, 2XU has grown to become the world’s most technical sportswear company, driven by a relentless pursuit to multiply human performance
2XU takes athletes beyond what they thought possible, enabling them to train harder, perform stronger and recover faster.
Ambassador @alicehector82 – Ironman 70.3 Champion and Pro Triathlete
Power. Weight. Flexibility: 2XU’s proprietary PWX compression fabric has been developed for sport using the most advanced medical technology. Over the past 13 years we have developed a compression fabric that is highly powerful, lightweight and flexible for the ultimate performance.
Durability and Comfort: 2XU’s PWX compression fabric features durable high-filament nylon yarns and the most powerful and long-lasting elastane yarns for consistent power, shape and comfort with repeated wear.
Graduated Compression: 2XU compression has a controlled graduation profile to increase blood flow, reduce blood lactate and increase lymphatic drainage. From development through to production, 2XU compression garments are tested using the medically certified Salzmann device.
Relentlessly Tested: 2XU garments are backed by almost a decade of research from the world renowned Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and RMIT University.
What are the benefits of compression
- 2XU has more than twice the compression power of other brands (based on average Newtons measured for 8 competitor compression brands)
- scientifically engineered to be the World’s lightest, most powerful and most flexible compression
- #1 in power balance and residual stretch
- 5% peak power gains and 18% blod flow increase to the quads
- power improvement of up to 1.4% for exercise sessions up to 30 minutes
REDUCES RISK OF INJURY
- reduces oscillatory properties of quadriceps, calves and surrounding soft tissue
- delivers lower markers of blood clotthing in a marathon
- reduces heart rate by up to 2.5% for exercise sessions lasting up to 15 minutes
SPEEDS UP RECOVERY
- 4.8% increase in blood lactate removal in a 60 minute recovery period
- reduced swelling to the thigh by 1.1cm and to the calf by 0.6 cm based on girth measurement when worn in a 60 minute recovery peiod
- power improvements of up to 2% when worn for recovery between repeat bouts of exercise